Research Participation Overview
The Psychology Department regards your exposure to psychological research as an educational experience. This is comparable to a laboratory section of introductory courses in other sciences, and it serves to acquaint students with a broad cross-section of contemporary psychological research. The participation of students is appreciated and essential to the research of the Psychology Department. Students' research contributions become a lasting part of the body of scientific psychological knowledge.
Research Participation Requirements
- Summer 2022 requirement is 6.5 research credits
- Opportunities to earn credit (all research opportunities will be posted on Sona)
- Participate in typical in-person studies conducted by the Psychology Department
- Virtual Interactive
- Participate in virtual interactive studies (e.g., live video conference session with a researcher; daily diary studies with daily or weekly surveys)
- Participate in online studies conducted by the Psychology Department
- Conduct a review of an empirical psychology article (1 review = 1 credit)
- Participate in online pseudo-studies. These are inactive research studies in which participant data will not be analyzed (30 minutes of a pseudo-study = 0.5 credits)
- Sona Screener (0.5 credits)
- All participants will complete a screener survey when they first login to the Sona System
- Failure to fulfill the necessary hours of credit will result in a drop of one letter grade for the course with the requirement.
Resources & Links
Students and researchers should download the current RP Guidelines by clicking the link below. This file contains all of the necessary instructions for signing up for experiments and completing the Research Participation Requirement.